MOTHER FOUNDATION has a vision of creating a hospital in Tamil Nadu where the poor could receive free advanced medical care, especially mental health care, in an atmosphere of love and compassion. The poor do receive basic medical care through various charitable clinics, but advanced care is beyond their dreams. MOTHER FOUNDATION will work through to create a highly sophisticated, 200–bed and teaching hospital. MOTHER FOUNDATION exemplifies the use of science and technology to maximize health service for the poor, offering medical care in mental health and other specialities.
At this point of time NIMHANS-Bangalore is the only major psychiatry centre in India that practices and trains formal systemic family therapy. MOTHER FOUNDATION is embarking on the path to reach that level, excel and surpass as a private held Academy –par-excellence in India. The broad vision of MOTHER FOUNDATION is:
• To promote, through academic and professional endeavors, growth and development of mental health, social sciences and allied subjects in tune with the global trends and developments in these fields.
• To develop the Institute into an advanced centre for service, training and research in the broad area of mental health and social sciences.
• To study the molecular, neuropsychiatry, psychosocial and transcendental aspects of the brain-mind-behavior axis and to evolve suitable techniques for alleviation of mental and social problems.
• To provide and assist in providing services of research, evaluation, training, consultation and guidance related to mental health and human science activities.
• To undertake communication of health information through awareness programmes, print and electronic media viz., journals, research papers, proceedings of conferences, symposia, text books, manuals and hand outs.
• To augment and maintain library and information services in furtherance of the object of the society.
• To co-operate with international and national agencies engaged in research and training or clinical practice or social work in the area of mental health and social sciences and to arrange for interchange of personnel, material and data.
• To educate the public on mental health and social sciences.
• To do all such lawful acts and things, either alone or in conjunction with other organizations or persons as the society may consider necessary which facilitate the attainment of any or all of the objectives referred to or implied above.
MOTHER FOUNDATION, The Mind Centre, was established in 2006 to provide affordable medical psychiatric care in a patient–friendly atmosphere and in a spirit of compassion, previously beyond the reach of the common man. MOTHER FOUNDATION provides dedicated patient care and endeavors to improve its services on a constant, ongoing basis. The beneficiaries, who received either free or concessional treatment, account for a staggering 63%. Even the remaining 37% enjoyed highly subsidized treatment.
The special feature of this institute is its multidisciplinary approach in patient care, research and training programmes and also in the promotive, preventive and curative aspects of clinical services in the area of Mental Health and human behavioral science. The manpower development programmes at the Institute reflect the extent to which we have succeeded in bringing together and nurtured behavioral sciences, social sciences and ancient health systems in Mental Health.
Dr. G.A. Viswanthan, a consultant Psychiatrist, the member of this mental health care hospital & institution had a humble beginning in March 2006. It is in the state of Tamil Nadu, India, serving the 7 neighboring districts (17 million people). With growing practice, other psychiatrists, psychologists and a host of psychiatric Social workers formed his team.
Since the inauguration of MOTHER FOUNDATION, we have made remarkable progress. This has only been possible through the dedication of the doctors, psychologists, psychiatric social workers, nurses and other health care professionals of this institution. The most significant element in the establishment of the MOTHER FOUNDATION is the compassion of Dr. G.A. Viswanthan, whose vision and constant encouragement were the inspiration to create this facility with only the objective of relieving the suffering of individuals and their families who suffer with them. Dr. G.A. Viswanthan’s life of selfless service has helped so many, not only through curing mental illness, but also by bringing hope, clarity and peace of mind.
Dear SBI Cardholder, - Dear SBI Cardholder, We would like to inform you about an important regulation issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with respect to the use of credit ...